MasterKey: Composite Design
Design of primary, secondary, and mixed primary-secondary composite beams with or without web openings. Design to Eurocode and British Standard.
MasterBeam: Composite Beam Design provides a powerful and extremely user friendly program for the design of primary, secondary and mixed primary-secondary composite beams with or without web openings.
Due to the many advanced design features, this program has become the UK industry standard for composite beam design. Used in conjunction with MasterFrame Pro or MasterSeries Building Design Suite, MasterBeam: Composite Beam allows you to interactively design a whole frame by integrating directly with the frame model. Combined with intelligent automatic design, an entire building's composite floor beams can be controllably optimised in seconds.
- Define a basic transverse reinforcement mesh, and allow the auto design to determine additional where needed
- Control automatic sizing through section size limits, stud spacing limits and transverse reinforcement limits
- Automatic Design of optimum section size, shear stud and transverse reinforcement combination
- Auto design & sizing of built-up I-sections with user control over section and plate aspect ratio
Extensive Range of Design
- The steel section can be a rolled I-Section, a rolled channel or a built-up symmetrical or asymmetrical I-section
- In-built libraries of British, European, American, South African & Chinese sections
- Design using solid slabs or metal deck profiles from the inbuilt extensible library
- Web openings, with or without stiffeners designed to the latest SCI P355
- Design using precast hollow core slabs in accordance with SCI P401
- Option for non-composite analysis and design
- Create your own section libraries
- Combined primary-secondary beams
- Propped or unpropped design
- Notched supports
Advanced Design Features
- Incorporates up to date guidance on shear connection rules from SCI P405
- Full analytical calculation of additional deflection due to web openings
- Torsion design with construction stage precast hollow core slabs
- Natural frequency checks
MasterBeam: Composite Beam Design provides a powerful and extremely user-friendly program for the design of primary and secondary composite beams to:
- Relevant EC NCCI documents
- Relevant SCI Publications
- BS 5950-3 + A1
You can print MasterBeam: Composite Design output calculations and graphics to any Windows printer and to PDF. Users of PowerPad, Building Design Suite or Office Tools, can also export results directly to Microsoft Word.
Sample output: View PDF
PowerPad and PowerPad Plus include MasterBeam: Composite Design for the analysis and design of standard internal beams, secondary edge beams, and primary beams with a central transverse beam, or two transverse beams at third points.
MasterBeam: Slimflor® Design is an add-on for MasterBeam: Composite beams for the design of Slimflor® beams where the deck is supported on the bottom flange of the beam.
Operates Fully Standalone
Available as a Building Designer Suite Design Add-on.
Limited Standalone version included in PowerPad
Integrates with Building Design Suite & MasterFrame Pro
Add-on for MasterBeam: Composite for the design of Slimflor® beams where the deck is supported on the bottom flange of the beam. Design to Eurocode and British Standard.
MasterSeries: Building Design from concept to construction.
Date and Time of Webinar Tue, Mar 05. 2019, 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM GMT
This webinar will show you how the Fast, Powerful & Flexible MasterSeries Building Design Suite will empower you to generate and design complete building models with ease.