MasterKey: Concrete Slab Design
NEW - Automated Concrete Slab Design in finite element frames
With the new MasterKey: Concrete Slab Design module, the specification and design of the longitudinal and shear reinforcement in slabs is now an easy process, allowing you to interactively identify and resolve any slab failure areas. The carefully considered design workflow is extremely powerful and simulates the daily methods of the concrete slab design process.
MasterKey: Concrete Slab Design designs to Eurocode, British Standard and South African codes.
"For many years, AL Alia Structural Engineers have been using the Masterseries Software to design a different types of steel, timber and Concrete structures, Lately we have purchased the latest Concrete FE Slab design which we can confirm that it's very powerful and friendly. Rebar design is now a fast, simple and logical process."
AL Alia Trading & Contracting Management
Longitudinal slab reinforcement
The basic premise is to provide a consistent background of basic reinforcement throughout and then add additional reinforcement if required. The graphical unity ratios below clearly show the failing zones of the slab, where additional reinforcement need to be placed.
MasterKey: Concrete Slab Design offers two types of additional reinforcements:
- Peak reinforcement: can be placed over a point (for example column head, wall end or point load). Peak reinforcement zone contains two sets of orthogonal bars (shown below)
- Strip reinforcement: similar to the Peak reinforcement, but only has reinforcement in one direction (parallel or perpendicular to the centerline of the reinforcement zone). Can be placed with drawing the centerline of the strip
The Auto Design function can find, not just the most economical reinforcement solution (bar sizes and spacing) but is also able to optimise the size of the additional reinforcement zones. The below design is using inner & outer peak strips to reduce the rebar used.
Punching shear design
Punching shear design check can be placed on column heads, wall ends and corners.
The design check automatically identifies the position (internal or external), the column/wall shape etc. and determines the punching shear parameters.
If punching shear reinforcement is required, the design automatically creates the reinforcement arrangement based on the selected rebar layout.
MasterKey: Concrete Slab Design offers four types of rebar layout:
- Equally spaced on perimeter
- Radial layout
- Even grid
- Cruciform for support face
MasterSeries 2021 has extended the functionality of the MasterKey: FE Concrete Slab Design module to now provide facilities to fully calculate deflections for concrete slabs.
Long-term deflection calculation
- Non-linear analysis
- Taking account of applied reinforcement
- Including cracking, creep, shrinkage and load event sequencing
Deflection check lines
- Multiple deflection criteria
- Check lines between any two points (typically between support locations or cantilever support to free end)
- Differential deflection between two times
Crack width calculation
- Includes the effects of in-plane axial forces (membrane forces)
- Cracking width given on two orthogonal (or rebar) directions
- EuroCode 2 - Includes default, UK Nationally Determined Parameter. Open system for user definition of other country NDP's
- South African SABS 0100
- BS 8110
You can instantly switch between design codes to compare results.
MasterKey: Concrete Slab Designreturns a wide range of analysis outputs which helps the engineer to identify "hot spots" for reinforcing design.
The detailed results with graphics can be included in a report or just simply exported to MS Word. The reinforcement drawings with appropriate keys can be exported into AutoCAD DXF or DWG files for further detailing.
Requires MasterFrame Finite Element Analysis
Optional component. Requires MasterFrame Finite Element Analysis
Not included. Can be added
With MasterFrame Finite Element Analysis
The ultimate 3D building design solution for all multi-material building projects.
MasterFrame Finite Element Analysis FEA module combines the power of MasterFrame with the Finite Element Analysis method to significantly expand your analysis and design capabilities
Steel connections optimisation in minutes
Date and Time of Webinar Wed, 24th November 2021, 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM GMT
Join us for our next Webinar and find out how to quickly create and automatically optimise your steel connections in seconds.