MasterFrame: Finite Element Analysis
MasterFrame Finite Element Analysis module combines the power of MasterFrame with the Finite Element Analysis method to significantly expand your analysis and design capabilities.
The MasterFrame Finite Element Analysis module is an add-on module for MasterFrame to significantly enhance the analysis capabilities of MasterFrame. The Finite Element Analysis method allows you to model surfaces such as slabs and walls using finite elements, thus allowing the analysis of surfaces even with highly complex geometries and multiple openings. FE surfaces can be modelled and analysed either independently or combined with the traditional line elements of MasterFrame, allowing for the analysis of complex, multi-material structures in a single model, incorporating gravity, lateral and wind loading.
MasterFrame Finite Element Analysis is the ideal software tool for Flat Slabs, Transfer Slabs, Shear Cores, Rafts and Basements
- Being a MasterFrame add-on simplifies the interface and reduces learning time
- Model complex frame geometry quickly and accurately
- Full integration with MasterFrame allows loads from line elements to be automatically transferred to the Finite Element surfaces
- Model slab, walls and raft type foundations with a wide range of loading and support conditions
- User defined material properties allow a wide range of structural materials to be analysed, not restricting the user to modelling and analysing concrete slabs
- Full range of area, patch and line loads, including varying area load allow the modelling of complex loading conditions quickly and effectively
- The use of 8-noded quadrilateral elements ensures a high level of numerical accuracy in the analysis
- Beams and/or columns can be set up as attached members allowing for the inclusion of the stiffness of these elements in the analysis results
- Automatic mesh generation allows the software to quickly generate the FE mesh, but the ability to vary the mesh intensity in local areas allows the user to retain control of the mesh in areas of interest to ensure the accuracy of results.
MasterFrame FE returns a wide range of analysis outputs which allows the engineer to accurately assess the stresses and forces in the whole, or part of, any Finite Element surfaces. This is done through the use of both user controlled contour plots and section diagrams. The forces results include membrane force, shears, bending moments and displacements, including Wood & Armer moments. Stress outputs include not only axial and shear stresses, but also advanced results such as von-Mises, Tresca, Drucker-Prager and Mohr-Coloumb yield criteria.
Contour outputs can be displayed as a flat output or 3D contour plot. This enables you to not only see the 2-dimensional distribution of results, but the 3D plot enables the user to inspect the rate of change of the results in the key areas. The number of contours and contour values can be specified by the user. 2D contour plots can be exported as a DXF plot.
Section diagrams include line diagrams, rectangular and circular perimeters. Section diagrams are fully user defined and can be used to show any force, moment, displacement or stress results.
The combination of contour and section diagrams enables you to interpret and fully interrogate the analysis results in detail. This enables you to understand in detail the behaviour of your structure.
Available as a Building Design Suite Analysis Add-on.
Not included in PowerPad but can be added.
Integrates with Building Design Suite & MasterFrame Pro
Sneak preview of MasterSeries 2019
Date and Time of Webinar Tue, 9th April, 2019, 1:00 PM BST (GMT+1)
Get a sneak preview of what is coming in MasterSeries 2019. Learn about our top enhancements which will help to deliver more complex and sophisticated building design.