MasterKey: Wind Analysis
Makes light work of applying wind loading to any structure modeled in MasterFrame Pro
MasterKey: Wind Analysis is the structural software every engineer has been looking for to dramatically reduce the burden of wind application on a frame to either BS 6399 Pt 2 or EC1 - 4, making the accurate application of wind loads a very simple and virtually automated task.
MasterKey Wind Analysis used with MasterFrame Pro makes light work of the complex task of applying wind loading to any structure; complete with automatic wind site pressure calculation, full wind zoning and calculation of pressure coefficients for absolutely any wind direction.
With MasterKey Wind Analysis you can reduce the time-consuming process of calculating and applying wind loads on a building to a few simple steps as follows:
- Specify the wind directions you want to consider, i.e. 0, 30, 45, 90 degrees etc
- Using the MasterFrame Pro, set the main bracing members into wind diagonal groups
- Automatically generate wind panels using the MasterFrame Pro software
- At this stage all zones and Cpe values are automatically determined
- Establish the wind pressure by simply picking your building location from the built-in GB & Ireland O.S. location maps, or input your Grid Reference
- Basic site information for anywhere else in the world can be added to the libraries
- Your wind loading application is now complete
Included in the core modelling module of the Building Design Suite
- Consideration of dynamic augmentation factor or structural factor CsCd when considering the overall stability of the structure
- Simply enter the UK or Irish national grid reference, or pick on the map to calculate the wind site pressure
- Goes beyond the basics to handle, parapets, canopies, free standing structures and open sided structures
- Enter the distance to any adjacent structure to automatically accommodate funneling effects
- Internal pressure and suction coefficients can be added for each direction
- User control to override the automated panel zoning or Cpe value
- Up to 8 wind directions can be considered in a model
Application Of Wind Loading
- The weighted pressure coefficients for panels are multiplied by the appropriate dynamic pressure q value taking into account wind direction, diagonal length, crosswind breadth and height above ground level
- MasterFrame frame loading diagram displays the final loads that are applied to the structural member together with their values and direction, giving you full graphical validation
- At steel design time, appropriate loading cases are automatically selected for the design of the member, with regard to differing wind diagonal values
- MasterFrame Pro will automatically apply the wind loading to all members, perpendicular to each panel. Panels can be vertically, horizontally or 2-way spanning
Clear Graphical Wind Displays
- Superb graphical presentation of the wind loading with colour coded suction/pressure/zoning diagram for each wind direction
- Display zoning labels, Cpe values, or final panel pressures on your frame, leaving nothing to the imagination
Wind analysis is carried out according to:
- BS 6399 Part 2
- EC1 - 4
Some sample output of a MasterFrame Data file showing the wind loading on members, and the automatically generated wind load combinations.
MasterFrame Data Output: View PDF
Of limited use without MasterFrame.
Part of the Building Design Suite
Included in PowerPad
Integrates with MasterFrame Pro and MasterPort
MasterFrame: Vibration design for composite floors and stairs
Date and Time of Webinar Thu, 15th August 2019, 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM BST
Join us for our next Webinar and get to know how to design composite floors and stairs to vibration using a state-of-the-art and accurate finite element based vibration analysis and design.