MasterFrame: Dynamic Analysis
Combine the power of MasterFrame with the Dynamic Analysis module to design for dynamic behaviour
The Dynamic Module allows you to enhance the power of MasterFrame to analyse and design your models for the effects of dynamic behaviour. The Dynamic Module uses the MasterFrame model to assess the natural frequencies of the structure and then evaluates your structure in line with either the Steel Construction Institute, or Concrete Society design guidance.
Take advantage of advanced mathematical techniques to accurately assess the effects of dynamic excitation of structures, rather than rely on older, less accurate, minimum natural frequency criteria. And, because you're not relying on natural frequency approximation methods, you'll be able to analyse and assess a greater range of structural forms and complex geometries through MasterFrame's interface.
MasterFrame Dynamic Analysis is commonly used to assess the response factors and/or vibration dose values for steel-composite, or concrete floor plates, using the full finite shell element modelling of MasterFrame: Finite Element Analysis.
- Use snap-shots of displacements under steady-state or time dependent loading to derive member forces for use in the member design within the steel and concrete design modules
- Define steady state forces, complete with phase angle, to simulate sinusoidal loading on a frame or any part of a frame to simulate machine borne vibration
- Define time varying loads to assess the dynamic response of your structure under loading such as wind, impact and blast loading
- Assess the vibration response of part or whole of the structure based on the full model, including multi material structures
- Employ advanced numerical analysis techniques to accurately assess the accelerations of your structure
- Based on the MasterFrame model, reducing the required learning curve
- Determine accelerations, response factors and vibration dose values
- Assess both flat slab construction and slab on beam type floors
- Assess structures such as floor plates, staircases, gym floors
- Facility to input a user defined Fourier series for analysis
- Utilise the latest UK design guidance
Accelerations, response factors and vibration dose values are automatically calculated in accordance with the following UK design guidance:
- "A Design Guide for Footfall Induced Vibration of Structures", Wilford MR, Young P, The Concrete Centre.
- "Design of Floors for Vibration: A New Approach", Publication P354, Section 6, Smith AL, Hicks SJ, Devine PJ, The Steel Construction Institute (using the numerically sophisticated method, and not the simplified method of section 7)
The time-dependent Force Profile design and the Steady State design are based on the same mathematical methods of the above publications which are based on standard matrix analysis methods.
The Dynamic Module gives you a range of results which include:
- Root Mean Square acceleration, response factors and vibration dose values for both design in accordance with the advanced numerical methods of SCI P354 and the CCIP-016 Concrete Centre design guides (not using the limited and inferior simplified methods)
- Displacement, Velocity and Accelerations for input time-dependent and steady state loading
- Nodal displacement and member end forces
- Mass participation in the x-, y- and z-axes
- The natural frequencies of the structure
Results are displayed both graphically and in tabular form. Response factors can be displayed in coloured contour format, allowing you to visually assess the response of the structure under dynamic loading. Natural frequencies, force profile, and steady state loading can be animated to allow you to understand the way the structure responds to the applied loading.
Available as a Building Design Suite Analysis Add-on.
Not included with PowerPad but can be added
Integrates with Building Design Suite & MasterFrame Pro
Advanced structural frame analysis software for analysing everything from beams and trusses to multi-story frames and complex 3D models in any material.
This product is an add-on to the dynamic module. With it the user can quickly and easily determine how their structure is behaving under seismic loads, and analyse and design the structure for these loads.
The Building Design Suite brings together the core MasterSeries analysis, design and drafting software components to provide the ultimate building design solution for both BS & Eurocode design. No more of what you don’t need, everything that you do.
Retaining Walls to EuroCode 7
Date and Time of Webinar Tue, Nov 6, 2018, 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM GMT
This Webinar will demonstrate the Power, Flexibility and Versatility of MasterKey Retaining Walls in the design of Concrete & Masonry Gravity Retaining Walls.