The modern design codes (e.g. Eurocode) use the Component method to evaluate steel connections. In this webinar, we will review the underlying components and how the capacity of a connection is determined, based on the capacities of the various components.
Watch the recording of our latest Webinar and learn the essentials of steel connection optimisation.
Key points/topics covered:
- Reviewing the underlying components
- Verification steps of the resistance of a connection
- Methods of strengthening
- Workflow of optimising a steel connection
- Auto design and optimisation of a steel connection using advanced Connection Design software
- Steel connection classification and its effect on the global analysis
- … and more