Composite floors, thanks to their many benefits such as efficient usage of materials; quick, cost-effective and sustainable constructibility, have come to dominate the building industry in the UK over the past years. However, for the long-term usability of buildings, the serviceability design both in the final and construction stages can be at least as important as the resistance design in the final composite stage.
Watch the recording of our latest webinar and learn the essential steps of the design both in the construction and final stages.
Key points/topics covered:
- Reviewing the benefits and the types of composite constructions
- Design situation in construction and final stages
- Reviewing the resistance checks at the final stages
- Effect of degree of shear connection on the deflection
- Serviceability limits
- Design of composite beams and floors both in construction and final stages using advanced structural analysis and design software
- … and more