MasterSeries: PowerPad (Student Edition)
MasterSeries: PowerPad (Student Edition) is a FREE version of our commercial PowerPad Plus structural analysis and design software suite.
MasterSeries PowerPad is a complete structural analysis and design suite. It is the ideal software choice for Engineers who require a wide range of design capabilities.
We offer students and lecturers, a free student license of PowerPad Plus for 1 year.
At the heart of PowerPad is our powerful MasterFrame analysis module. This integrates directly with our steel, concrete, composite and timber design modules to give you a seamless, fully integrated, 3D analysis and design environment.
The PowerPad - Student Edition has additional features to the commercial PowerPad Plus licence. As a Student You also get Full BIM integration and a taster of FEA analysis.
To download your your MasterSeries: PowerPad Plus (Student Edition), click on the Download Here tab above.
PowerPad is a Lite version of MasterSeries, incorporating limited versions of core MasterSeries programs. A summary of the features can be found below. You can also view a more comprehensive list here.
- Frame Analysis- Analysis of beams, trusses, plane frames, grillages and space frames. With options for tension-only analysis, P-delta, the inclusion of haunches etc.
- Frame Analysis Pro - Gravity Area loading, Member Design Groups, Report generation. New for 2018
- Portal Frame Analysis- Create 1 to 3 bay portal frames and analyse them as elastic, or plastic. You can also account for sway stability, and use P-delta analysis
- Wind Analysis - Accurate wind loading for GB & Irish sites using the BS & EuroCode New for 2018
- Steel Design - Integrated design of steel members for axial, moment, strut, tie, Annex-BB(G)
- Concrete Design- Integrated design of concrete beams, columns, and pad foundations
- Timber Design- Integrated design of axial with moment members, joists, rafters, and flitch beams
- Composite Design - Integrated design of primary and secondary composite beams
- Simple Connections- Carry out the design of flexible end plates, fin-plates, angle cleats and more
- Moment Connections- Design connections for the eaves, apex, baseplates, splices etc
Concrete and Masonry Design
- Masonry Design- Design cavity walls, freestanding walls, piers, and columns
- Pile Cap Design - Design pile caps to truss, beam and deep beam theories
- Retaining Wall Design - Design concrete and masonry retaining walls
- BIM Integration - Integrate with other popular software products like Revit® Available only in PowerPad Student Edition!
- FE Analysis - Finite element analysis for up to 300 quad elements Available only in PowerPad Student Edition!
- Office Tools- Customisable calculation templates, exporting to MS Word and Excel
- Beam Designers - Simple steel, concrete, and timber beam designers
- Multiple Codes - Design to both Eurocode and British Standard
The PowerPad - Student Edition has the following restrictions:
- Data files are not compatible with normal commercial versions of MasterSeries and PowerPad
- Data files can be read by other student versions or your university's commercial version
- You will not have access to the Calc Wizard part of PowerPad as it requires MS Word
- “For Educational Use Only” statements on screen and all output
- You will not be able to export to MS Word or Excel
- It is not permitted to use the software for commercial purposes
- The licence is valid for 1 year, but you can re-apply
Use the following links to directly download your student version.
1. Download installation package
2. Update to the latest version
3. Optional Revit ad-on
- The educational version is not available for Apple Mac
- Educational version data files, are NOT compatible with the commercial version
PowerPad (Student Edition) outputs to PDF and any Windows printer, as well as DXF drawings of all the details.
Operates Fully Standalone
This is PowerPad
Integrated analysis & design in steel, concrete, timber and connections
The essential structural analysis and design suite for small building projects.
Masonry Design Without Limits
Date and Time of Webinar Tue, 10th December 2019, 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM GMT
Join us for our next Webinar and learn how MasterSeries Masonry Design can increase your efficiency and help you to deliver complex and economical building solutions.